2010年11月15日月曜日

Global Village in FEA, USP

It was on the last Tuesday.

After I got out of the office, I turned to the subway station to get to FEA, USP via Clínicas station.

As usual, the bus trip from Clínicas was tough. It was too hot inside the bus...

Well, after I arrived at the faculty, I made a preparation: put on my computer to show images and movies about Japan.

I had come to join an AIESEC event called Global Village, which is one of the series of events in that week.

Generally, it was not so big, but it was good to exchange something with the people there.

From my point, it was surprising to see a Brazilian guy, which didn't look a Japanese descendant but spoke really nice Japanese.

In fact, he studied at one of "the Imperial Universities" there in Fukuoka for more than four years.

I asked why he went to Japan and finished his first undergraduate degree.

Then, he answered there were many friends of Japanese descendants around him.

I thought I knew that the presence of Japanese descendants' community were really big here in Brazil.

But now I have realized it is more than I expected.

I should know more about the history of Japanese descendants in Brazil....

2 件のコメント:

  1. Olá Kentaro! AIESECのイベントで会った九大卒のブラジル人です。Facebookからこのブログをみつけました。また今度ゆっくり話しましょう!
    And next time you go to USP, try taking the bus from Vila Madalena Station (775N-Rio Pequeno). That's not much faster, but at least not so hot inside and you're more likely to find a seat.
    ジル

    返信削除
  2. >ジル
    Oi! Thank you for the message. But your expression "九大卒" really sounds like Japanese lol
    By the way, thank you for the suggestion, too! If I have time enough in next time, I will try that way.

    返信削除