2011年2月12日土曜日

Back home

Now I am back home in Japan.

Via Washington, USA, it was a 26-hours flight including 6 hours waiting at Washington.

After I arrived at Tokyo Narita International Airport, two of my friends came to welcome me.

It was good talking with them there.

>>>

So, I am now back in Japan.

But it seems for me to take a while to get accustomed to this reality.

One thing is more practical.

Since I have been off school and lost my student ID and the driver's license, I have to register myself as a Japanese student, meaning I have to recover my IDs.

The other is more cultural.

So far I haven't gone out so much after I came back home because of the jet lag.

But in my recent experience in this country, the way back home from the airport, there were many things surprising me.

First, the language.

In Brazil, the signs are hardly written even in English.

But here in Japan, the signs are written in Japanese and English, and probably in Chinese and Korean.

In another way, I am feeling as if I could communicate with all the people in this country.

This feeling came from the gap in how willingly I am to speak with the other people.

For example, it was limited for me to talk in my mother tongue so far and I had to try to listen to them.

But here it is not true. I can communicate whenever I want.

>>>

In the train, there were many people checking information with their cellular phone.

At that moment, an idea to talk with them came into my mind because it is common in Brazil and I can communicate with them in the mother tongue. But I didn't.

>>>

Now my priority is to recover my status as a Japanese citizen!

2 件のコメント:

  1. おかえりなさい!
    逆カルチャーショックは回復したかな?
    リインテで改めて話を聞くのを楽しみにしています!

    saigon

    返信削除
  2. >Saigon-san
    ただいまです!
    逆カルチャーショックの前に未だ時差ボケが完治してません。
    以前メールでいただいた「フワフワしつつも力強い」という言葉の意味が今なら分かる気がします。近々お会いしましょう。

    返信削除